Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- To serve the parish as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy
Communion you must have completed your sacraments of Initiation
including Confirmation. You must apply through the Pastor and be
appointed by the Bishop for a three-year period of ministry. You
must be a practicing Catholic without any canonical impediments to
full communion of the Catholic Church. New members are recruited
once a year but you may seek to enter this ministry at any time.
- To serve the parish in the ministry of
Lector you must be of high school age, be able to read well and
proclaim the scriptures loudly and clearly. New recruits to the
ministry may join the ministry at any time and after being trained
may begin the ministry immediately.
Choir Member or Cantor
- To serve the parish in this ministry you must have a desire to
sing and be able to carry a tune. Choir members simply need to see
the Choir Director (Nancy Kalasky 724-439-0774) at any time.
Cantors also simply need to arrange with the Choir Director to
apply and receive instructions from her.
- New choir members and cantors are constantly being solicited
for participation in the parish choirs.
- Those who can play musical instruments are also constantly
solicited and needed. Please see the Choir Director if you have
these talents and you would like to serve in this ministry.
- New members to this ministry simply need to talk with the
parish ushers before Mass on any weekend and express the desire to
join their ministry. They will take care of training and
Facilitators of Children's Liturgy of the Word
- If you would like to serve the parish in this ministry of
facilitating Children's Liturgy of the Word at the 11:00 AM Mass
on Sundays please contact Mrs. Nancy Blake during rectory office hours
(724-437-1512) and she will provide the scheduling
and training for this particular ministry. An openness to learn is
the primary prerequisite. We provide the training and materials.